- This event has passed.
Burtons Bush Bash
27 March @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$60
A walk to try to understand where we live, how we live, our community and reflect on nature and ourselves without bashing the bush.
We walk on part of the western shores of Pittwater which exposes both the layers of geology and the layers of history evolving from deep geological time incorporating indigenous occupation and non- indigenous occupation and an introduction to reading the landscape as a cultural phenomena.
We acknowledge that we will be traversing Garigal country and as part of the Darug Nation within the Sydney Basin. What evidence of Garigal occupation will we uncover?
The geology is part of the Sydney Basin complex and we encounter the two main sedimentary geological formations of the underlying Narrabeen Group and the overlying Hawkesbury Sandstone.
Plants are the thermometers of the environment, the understanding of them, their communities, structure and flora are also subject to human interaction.
excepts from Craig Burton
11 December 2020
The walk will commence from Halls Wharf at 1000 and finish on Rocky Point anywhere between 3pm and 5pm dependent on how much you chat on the way
A picnic lunch will be provided by our very own Catering Queen Lisa Atkins at the Lovett Bay Fire Shed but please bring your own water bottles.
- Scotland Islanders & Onshore People should catch the ferry departing Church Point at 0930 ferry arriving at Halls Wharf at 0945.
- Elvina and South West Lovett Bayites should walk down to Ryan & Monique’s jetty arriving by 0940 to be transported by punt to Halls Wharf.
- Rocky Pointers should walk down to Lesley & Martin’s Jetty to be picked up by the punt on route.
- Frog Hollowites can either tie up at Lesley & Martin’s jetty and catch a lift with the punt to the start point, or walk to Halls Wharf and arrange for a boat pick up from the same jetty.
The usual commonsense rules apply as well as those reflecting the COVID safe guidelines.
– Don’t come on the walk if you have a cough or are feeling under par just in case.
– Bring your own water, sunscreen etc
– Try to remember to physically distance while chatting or listening.
WET WEATHER COVER
The call will be made at 0800 by text. If cancelled the new date will be set.
Please deposit $60 pp online to the following account and ensure you add BBB your surname appear either in the reference or description box:
South West Lovett Bay Coastcare Inc.