Morning Bay Bush Care
Our bush regeneration is largely built around follow-up weeding of the eastern portion of the north facing Morning Bay hillside, which has been the subject of a 10 year long programme of primary removal of mostly Asparagus fern with isolated Farmer’s friend and Mother of millions. We also give attention to some hot spots around the bay and periodically head over to the northern side of the bay, where Crofton weed is still active.
Contact: Margaret Richardson
Contact: Michael Doherty
Weeding dates: We meet monthly (9am-12pm), often on the 2nd weekend and will work on weekdays. Members are notified each month by email and anyone is welcome to join us.
Start date for 2021: January 2021
Meeting point: Notified via email
What to wear: Everyone is asked to dress appropriately in work clothes, hat, sturdy shoes and sunscreen. Insect repellant is advisable to repel ticks and mosquitos.
Covid restrictions apply.
- Ground asparagus – Asparagus aethiopicus
- Cassia – Senna pendula
- Crofton weed – Ageratina adenophora
- Panic veldtgrass – Ehrharta erecta
- Farmers Friends – Bidens Pilosa
- Fleabane – Erigeron bonariensis
- Lantana – Lantana camara
- Mother of millions – Bryophulum sp.
- Paddy’s Lucerne – Sida rhombifolia
- Parramatta Grass – Sporobolus africanus
- Scotch thistle – Onopordum acanthium
- Sticky heads – Paspalum dilatatum
- Rhodes grass – Chloris gayana
- Tobacco bush – Solanum mauritianum
- Tree of Heaven – Ailanthus altissima
- Turkey rhubarb – Acetose sagittata
- Wandering jew – Tradescantia albiflora
Please use the form below to find out how to get involved. Membership is open and newcomers are always welcomed.