Become a member of our community
We welcome all new members. Your membership makes it possible for the WPCA to continue its work in representation, environmental protection, communication and community wellbeing. It also ensures we continue to maintain our communication tools and digital assets (which include this website).
In turn, the WPCA strengthens the collective voice of our community, and thus the power of your voice, to the Northern Beaches Council, services such as Ausgrid, Telstra and the NBN as well as local and Federal politics.
Be Informed – Stay in Touch
Know what’s going on and keep in touch community and local affairs
Being a member is a great way to keep informed about your neighbourhood and community.
Your membership also helps to maintain our communication and digital resources providing:
- Regular community email bulletins, that provide information on current social, local government, or infrastructure initiatives.
- An up-to-date website that is maintained and updated regularly with local information, articles of interest, critical community updates, local services and much more.
- BaysNews, our own local online news publication delivered to your email – collated from local, state and national news and media services.
Be Heard – A Community Voice
Join us and become part of the strong collective voice of the Western Foreshores
WPCA membership empowers other residents and local community leadership to speak out for their community to elected officials, resource providers, funders, neighbouring communities, national platforms and each other. We achieve this through community engagement, education, connections and regular communication.
Growing local voices through membership allows the Association to be active in helping to solve a wide range of community issues, such as NBN broadband access, power reliability, vehicle parking at church point, environmental concerns and infrastructure needs.
Membership rewards the community as well as yourself.
- You’ll be supporting your own community. Your contribution with assist us to maintain our growing technology demands such as: website, email communications and bulletins.
- Your have rights – Voting at our AGM – have a say in your community.
- You empower us by representation to Corporations (Ausgrid, nbnco etc), Local and Federal Government.
- You Keep Up-To-Date with what happening locally:
- Priority Alerts for special community events and critical issues e.g. Power outage, Fires, RFS, Issues
- Listing in the Service Directory for businesses.
- Baysnews – Bi Monthly local news updates – delivered to your inbox
- WPCA Minutes – Find out what the key issues in the community are and how we are addressing them
WPCA Membership Options
West Pittwater Community Association membership is intended for individuals.
Each paid member has one vote at the AGM. However, often, more than one family member in a household want to join the WPCA, so we have created a “Subsequent Membership” for half the normal subscription – $10.
To be eligible one member must be have paid a full price “Initial Memberhip”. Subsequent Members have the same privileges as Initial Members.