< BACK TO DIRECTORY
Pittwater Flue Cleaning Service
- We work around the Pittwater area, onshore and offshore, including Scotland Island and the western foreshores.
- We clean flues and chimneys for slow combustion and open fires.
- We can makerecommendations for repairs or replacements, but we do not do installations of fireboxes or flues.
- We can refer you to an installer.
Looking After Your Fire, Flue or Chimney
- Only burn clean, well-seasoned (dried for two summers) wood.
- Do not burn treated, painted, creosoted wood; timber with nails; green/newly cut wood.
How Often Should you Clean your Flue or Chimney?
- Ideally, your flue or chimney should be inspected and cleaned every year, before you start using it regularly through the winter months.
- Even if you don’t use your fire a lot, birds, possums and other critters may have been using it for shelter or nesting, making it unsafe to light until
it has been cleaned out.
- Creosote and resin are natural by-products of burning wood and they build up in the flue or chimney. Using good quality hardwoods instead of soft or
unseasoned wood will reduce the amount of build up, but it cannot be avoided completely and your flue or chimney will still need to be cleaned.
Depending on the type of flue or chimney, it will only take an hour or two to clean.
If you want more information or to book an appointment, give me a call, or drop me a line
0429 984 524