The Greater Sydney Coast Walk – Barrenjoey to North Head
Content: John Illingsworth – 'Pittwater Pathways'
A documentary covering Barrenjoey to Avalon Beach to Narrabeen Lake to North Head. It's landscape, history and prehistory.
- Beautiful Bangalley Head with William Govett's 1830s sketch of Aborigines fishing in context. Bungan Castle, Newport Reef, Turrimetta Head
with Dr Peter Mitchell OAM.
- Narrabeen Man, Narrabeen/Collary beachfront with Dr Caroline Ford.
- Long Reef with Phil Colman.
- The history of North Head with Nick Hollo.
- North Heads vegetation and WWII defences with NP Ranger Mel Tyas
- plus the stone walls and cliff face searchlights of North Head with Dr Geoff Lambert.
- The 3rd Quarantine Cemetery - grisly history in a sublime location to the astonishing voice of a 10 year old girl.
This local documentary follows the first 5 days of the Inaugural Sydney Harbour & Coast Walk - the Northern Beaches leg.