<< BACK to Forum
Online forums community rules
We rely on all members to help keep these discussion forums a safe place for people to share and view information. To do this, we request that
all members comply with the following rules when contributing to the discussion forums:
- Keep it friendly. Welcome new members, share your tips or show them how to use the website. If you are a new member, make
sure to introduce yourself – our community is waiting for you.
- Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Stay on topic. When creating a new discussion thread, give a clear topic title and put your post in the appropriate category.
When contributing to an existing discussion, try to stay 'on topic'. If something new comes up within a topic that you would like to discuss,
start a new thread.
- Share your knowledge. Don't hold back in sharing your knowledge – it's likely someone will find it useful or interesting.
When you give information or links, provide your sources.
- Keep it safe. Remember that the forums are public places. Don't post personal information that you would not be comfortable
sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don't post any information
that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
- Report abuse. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, report it to us using the ‘report post’ button
on the forums.
We maintain the right to remove posts
We need to make sure that material posted in the discussion forums is not potentially harmful. For this reason, we may edit or choose not to publish
any post, avatar or display name that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member.
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others.
- contains links.
- is nonsensical and/or irrelevant.
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others.
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers.
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable.
- advertises products, services, events or research.
- makes any reference to specific prescription medication names and/or dosages or seeks medical advice.
- includes personal information such as full names, phone numbers, locations, postal or email addresses; or encourages the sharing of such details.
- puts overt pressure on other members to respond.
- makes attempt to facilitate personal offline contact with other members.
- describes or encourages violence or other activity which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others.
- contains references to suicide, self-harm or sexual abuse.
- is a copy of another post or contains the same, or similar, message posted multiple times elsewhere.
- contains references to edits or moderation.
- is more than 2,500 characters in length or submitted in multiple parts to avoid the character limit.
A team of moderators have been entrusted with the ability to intervene when these Community Rules have been breached. However, due to the dynamic
nature and the sheer volume of posts, we can't immediately read everything written — therefore much of the responsibility for maintaining
our friendly environment lies with you.
If any material you post raises concerns about your safety or the safety of others, we may try to contact you to make sure that you or others are
We may also need to pass your contact details on to authorities who can help protect your safety or the safety of others.
Ending your time with us
You may request at any time that your membership be cancelled from the Website.
By doing so, you understand and agree that we may retain your personal information for up to six months from the date of your request and that
all activity associated with your account that was generated prior to the date of your cancellation request will remain permanently on the
Website (for example, your posts in the interactive components will not be deleted).