Council Fine Fuel ONLY collection
Residents of Lower Western Foreshore
To help reduce the risk of bushfire and ember attacks, Council is organising another fine fuel collection as well as the scheduled vegetation collection.
Fine Fuel Collection – 1st February 2021
- Fine fuel includes dried leaves, twigs and bark that can easily catch fire.
- Fine fuels are less than the diameter of your little finger.
Please note: other garden vegetation will not be collected as part of the fine fuel collection.
What do you need to do?
1. Pick up 1 fine fuel bag supplied by Council (1 bag ONLY per household) from, Tuesday 12 January 2021 from one of the following locations:
- North Elvina Bay Wharf
- South Elvina Bay Wharf
- Lovett Bay Wharf
- Halls Wharf
- Morning Bay Wharf
2. Clear your roof and rake up all the fine fuel around your house. Place it in your fine fuel bag. Only Council supplied fine fuel bags will be collected.
Depending on the location of your property, please place your filled bag as follows:
- Residents of Lovett Bay North, Little Lovett Bay and Morning Bay
- Place your bag on your private jetty if it is accessible at low tide or at the public wharf ONLY. Bags left elsewhere and not at a jetty or
public wharf will not be col-lected as there will be no roadside collection.
- Residents of McCarrs Creek
- Place your bag at your private jetty or public wharf.
- Residents of Lovett Bay South and Elvina Bay
- Place your bag on your private jetty if it is accessible at low tide or at the public wharf.
- Place your bag outside your property for roadside collection only if you do not have water frontage, water access or your private jetty is
not accessible at low tide.
- 77 Douglass Estate place your bag outside your property for roadside collection.
* If your collection location is at a public wharf, please secure the vegetation at the wharf’s entrance point to avoid spillage and ensure clear access for pedestrians.
** Please place your bag so as to leave a 3 metre gap in the road reserve or fire trails to allow emergency access.
When is it happening?
Bag collection will start from Monday 1 February 2021.
ADDITIONAL WASTE COLLECTIONS
Further collections are also planned for:
- 8th February - Bulky Good Collection
- 1st March - Vegetation Collection
Who can I ask for more information?
West Pittwater Community Association
Melinda Broughton Secretary@westpittwater.com.au
Northern Beaches Council
For the latest information on preparing for bushfires, visit www.rfs.nsw.gov.au