NOTICE OF 1080 BAITING
Attention: NPWS staff, North Head stakeholder group, on-park stakeholders, other stakeholders and park users
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) will be conducting a baiting program using manufactured baits, fresh baits and Canid Pest Ejectors (CPE’s/ejectors)
containing 1080 poison (sodium fluoroacetate) for the control of foxes. The program is continuous and ongoing for the protection of threatened species.
This notification is for the period 1 February 2021 to 31 July 2021at the following locations:
- Garigal National Park
- Lane Cove National Park (baits only, no ejectors are used in Lane Cove National Park)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Sydney Harbour National Park – North Head (including the Quarantine Station), Dobroyd Head, Chowder Head & Bradleys Head managed by the NPWS
- The North Head Sanctuary managed by the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
- The Australian Institute of Police Management, North Head
DO NOT TOUCH BAITS OR EJECTORS
All baiting locations are identifiable by signs.
Please be reminded that domestic pets are not permitted on NPWS Estate. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and
working dogs must be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. Penalties apply for non-compliance.
In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
For further information please call the local NPWS office on:
NPWS Sydney North (Middle Head) Area office: 9960 6266
NPWS Sydney North (Forestville) Area office: 9451 3479
NPWS North West Sydney (Lane Cove NP) Area office: 8448 0400
NPWS after-hours Duty officer service: 1300 056 294
Sydney Harbour Federation Trust: 8969 2128