Following complaints by Church Point residents about operations at Church Point Cargo Wharf, Northern Beaches Council recently held two on-site meetings attended by residents who live in the vicinity of the wharf, wharf users and community association representatives.
Council asked for submissions and, in its response, noted they related mostly to noise, work taking place outside of signposted hours and “the need to
provide a balanced approach between the working wharf infrastructure and the residential amenity in the immediate area”.
Council proposes the following actions:
- Activate the CCTV camera to monitor the wharf environment
- Install bollards to restrict access to the wharf prior to the approved operating hours
- Install advanced warning signage to assist in managing truck access to the area
- Extend the operation hours of the wharf from 7am–5pm to 7am-7pm
- Provide a permit system for access outside those hours, where the applicant must provide justification as why early access is required and what
other options have been considered
- Improve signage at the Cargo Wharf for both vehicles and pedestrians
- Provide ongoing surveillance and enforcement for these restrictions and review them again in 6 months to determine what other measures are required.