As summer approaches, Northern Beaches Council flags more fine fuel collection days for Lower West Pittwater
There will be two fine fuel collections for Lower West Pittwater during summer:
- week commencing 23 November 2020
- week commencing 1 February 2021.
There will also be a vegetation collectio:
- week commencing 1 March 2021
Council fine fuel and vegetation collection
Residents of West Pittwater Communities (Lower Western Foreshore)
To help reduce the risk of bushfire and ember attacks, Council is organising another fine fuel collection as well as the scheduled vegetation collection.
Fine fuel collection – 23 November 2020 What is a fine fuel?
Fine fuel includes dried leaves, twigs and bark that can easily catch fire.
Fine fuels are less than the diameter of your little finger. What do you need to do?
1) Pick up 1 fine fuel bag supplied by Council (1 bag per household) from today, Wednesday 21 October 2020 from one of the following locations:
- North Elvina Bay Wharf
- South Elvina Bay Wharf
- Lovett Bay Wharf
- Halls Wharf
- Morning Bay Wharf
2) Clear your roof and rake up all the fine fuel around your house. Place it in your fine fuel bag.
3) Depending on the location of your property, please place your filled bag as follows:
- Property adjacent to a fire trail or road reserve – place your bag in front of or behind your house.
- Property with a private jetty – place your bag at your private jetty.
- Alternatively place your bag at the nearest public wharf.
* If your collection location is at a public wharf, please secure the vegetation at the wharf’s entrance point to avoid spillage and ensure clear access
** Please place your bag so as to leave a 3 metre gap in the road reserve or fire trails to allow emergency access.
When is it happening?
Bag collection will start from Monday 23 November 2020 and will continue until all the bags are collected.
Further collections are also planned for:
- 1st February - Fine Fuel Collection
- 1st March - Vegetation Collection
Who can I ask for more information?
For more details contact:
West Pittwater Community AssociationMelinda Broughton Secretary@westpittwater.com.au
Northern Beaches CouncilEmail: WasteEducation@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
For the latest information on preparing for bushfires, visit www.rfs.nsw.gov.au