NOTICE OF 1080 BAITING
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) will be conducting a baiting program using manufactured baits, fresh baits and Canid Pest Ejectors (CPE’s/ejectors)
containing 1080 poison (sodium fluoroacetate) for the control of foxes. The program is continuous and ongoing for the protection of threatened species.
This notification is for the period 1 August 2020 to 31 January 2021 at the following locations
- Garigal National Park
- Lane Cove National Park (baits only, no ejectors are used in Lane Cove National Park)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Sydney Harbour National Park – North Head (including the Quarantine Station), Dobroyd Head, Chowder Head & Bradleys Head managed by the NPWS
- The North Head Sanctuary and former School of Artillery managed by the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
- The Australian Institute of Police Management, North Head
DO NOT TOUCH BAITS OR EJECTORS
All baiting locations will be identifiable by signs.
Please be reminded that domestic pets are not permitted on NPWS Estate. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and
working dogs must be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. Penalties apply for non-compliance.
In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
For further information please call the local NPWS office on:
NPWS Sydney North (Middle Head) Area office: 8968 6300
NPWS Sydney North (Forestville) Area office: 9451 3479
NPWS North West Sydney (Lane Cove NP) Area office: 8448 0400
NPWS after-hours Duty officer service: 1300 056 294
Sydney Harbour Federation Trust: 8969 2167